melslifeinaNUTshell


Friday, December 15, 2006
My Favorite Things

Scotty is doing his second 'annual' Christmas post of his "Favorite Things" and has invited anyone to join him.... So here goes!

Melody's Favorite Things

1. A happy child - yes this is probably the single most rewarding thing in my life, there is absolutely NOTHING else that can bring a smile to my face as quickly as seeing my children happy.

2. Memories of my mother - she's been gone for nearly 7 years now and I still miss her as much as I did the day after she died. I miss her every day. Christmas used to be HER holiday...all of our traditions revolved around her so it is only natural to miss her more this time of year. I cherish the memories that I have of her and as time has passed the memories make me smile more often then cry.

3. My niece Savannah - She died in 2002. Our last Christmas together was very special...she spent it trying to teach her mother and I how to do the BUTT dance...You'd think that with an ass the size of mine that I'd be good at that but NOPE...I wasn't.

4. The smell of hazelnut tea or coffee - it sooths me somehow...not sure why exactly but I love that aroma.

5. A quiet evening with my entire family just curled up in the living room watching stupid movies. The simplicity of it brings me comfort.

6. My husband - There is definitely something to be said for the comfort that can be found in his arms...I always know that, no matter what, he loves me...even when we are angry at one another there is never a question about our love.

7. Walking in a light snow storm - I just like it...that's all

8. The smell of a baby right after a bath - PURE HEAVEN

9. The feel of silk against freshly shaved leggs - of course mine are seldom freshly shaved...but??????

10. The smell of Old Spice - My grampy's favorite cologne

11. The sound of church bells - I'm not very religious but that sound it beautiful

12. Watching the sun rise over the lake - mmmmmmm beautiful

13. Smiling and making OTHER people smile

Well...There it is...Just a FEW of my favorite things