melslifeinaNUTshell


Sunday, October 29, 2006
Winter is in the air

We set the clocks back today so from now on I'll be getting out of work in the dark...in a couple of weeks I'll be going TO work in the dark too. It's been very cold here the past few days and we've even had a few snow flurries. I am NOT ready for a long...cold...boring winter. I'm definitely a summer girl... Maybe if I get enough people together to have a long serious talk with 'mother nature' we can convince her to even off the seasons around here a bit...I mean...Come ON...3 months of summer and 9 of winter just is NOT fair!!!!
Well...let's see...what else is going on around here? Hunting season has started...Hubby poo is an avid hunter and looks forward to the season every year. This year he and Bre had to take a hunter safety course, she decided that she wanted a license so last week they spent 4 nights at class, they seemed to really enjoy it and it was good for them to 'bond'. Bre is usually very girly and she and her dad don't spend that much time together. Well yesterday Bre and daddy went hunting together...in the pouring rain...high winds...cold as hell...BUT they both came home with smiles on their faces and are excited for next Saturday...Dustin is coming home to go with them too...I do NOT hunt.... I'm actually going on an 'Outing' with my CURVES buddies... Should be fun!
Bre is adjusting to being back at good ol' GHS and is beginning to settle into her new routine. She still talks to alot of her Dexter friends but is also hanging out with friends here at home...and with her family.