melslifeinaNUTshell


Tuesday, September 26, 2006
OOPS...I've Done It Again!

Yup...I have...I've joined another 'weight loss' blog, The Deep End Of The Pool , I know I've done it before but THIS TIME IT WILL WORK!!!!! Sometimes all it takes is a little 'push' to get motivated...who am I kidding...sometimes it takes a HUGE KICK IN THE ASS!!! But anyway...I've joined. The 'site' offers alot ot tips and encouragement that can be helpful if I let them... but I'm kinds stubborn so I guess only time will tell...lol. First week I dropped a pound, the next weigh in is Friday and I really haven't done that great so far this week, i plan on doing much much much better starting NOW.
OK...Couple of points about me:
  • I have been overweight my entire life...YUP it's true
  • I am an emotional eater and I am ALWAYS emotional
  • I've tried every fad diet going - most have worked - for a little while
  • I lost 75 pounds about 6 years ago and for the most part have kept it off
  • I want to loose 25 more - it's time
  • I enjoy working out but have very little motivation to do it alone - It's true...misery does LOVE company
  • I joined Curves about 4 months ago - the workouts seem to be working, I've lost 17.5 inches from my body....whoohoo for me. However I have to drive 90 minutes (round trip) for a 20ish minute workout. Luckily I don't travel alone.
  • I have all the tools that I need to loose weight I just need to USE them properly to accomplish my goal
  • I know that baby steps is all that it takes...

OK...that's about it for now I guess...

PS: Note to self...you know it's been way too long since you last post when it takes several attempts to sign in because you've forgotten your log in information...BAD ME!